Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wonderful things in store for you

Several of my friends struggle with anxiety, worrying about the future, financial concerns, temporary struggles, etc. I've been in a place where thoughts of the future drown my head and heart..and while my burdens were always on my mind, I didn't realize just how much the enemy was using them to separate me from the fullness of joy the Lord wanted for me...wants for us. If there is something, anything that we think about more than 3-4 times a day, it is really likely that we still need to give that something to God, even if we feel like we already have. The thing with sacrificing burdens or allowing the Lord to "break off more of ourselves," is that if satan believes he can get us to pick up those things again and head back to square one..he'll do absolutely whatever it takes to make sure we do so...or on the other end of the spectrum..while we're working on giving one the to God, he'll slip right underneath our feet to snatch something else. On that note, I encourage you to never not pray against something you don't struggle with at the moment.

ex. I don't drink and I don't plan on drinking, it doesn't even sound appetizing..so I don't need to pray for protection in that area.

I've never had a problem with looking at people lustfully, so I'll skip that prayer.

etc, etc, etc.

....that is exactly the mindset satan wants us to have, if you aren't aware of that.


Back to worrying..Jesus really does have more for you that you can't see if your head is filled with doubts. He really does want to carry your burdens..yes, all of them. You see the thing is, He really does love you..soooo stinkin much. <3


God has WONDERFUL things in store for you. The key to really seeing those things fulfilled is being fascinated with Jesus..

-dig into the Bible and meditate on His words

-memorize scripture to say aloud or in your head when something you struggle with pops back in your mind

-turn on worship music in your room, and just sit there and soak in the presence of the Lord.

-lay your selfish fears of rejection or lack of wisdom aside and bring up Jesus in a conversation..remember what we're created for.

let go!! God really does know better than you. He has better for you than what you have planned for yourself, so lay it down!


In his heart a man plans his course, but it is the Lord who determines his steps. -Proverbs 16:9


Keep asking and you will receive, keep searching and you will find, keep knocking and the door will be opened to you. -Matthew 7:7


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. -Philippians 4:6


I sought the LORD and He heard me, and delivered me from all of my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant, their faces are never covered with shame. -Psalm 34:4-5


"Be still and know that I am God.." -Psalm 46:10a


The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy. I have come that you may have life, and have it in abundance. -John 10:10


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you," declared the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity.." -Jeremiah 29:11-14a


For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory which far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen; for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. -2 Corinthians 6:17-18


As a testimony, these are all verses I have memorized..and I cannot tell you how many times they have been incredibly useful for kingdom work. memorize, memorize, memorize. Bad memory you say? ..Take it one step at a time, and pray that God will seal the words in your heart and mind. I promise you will have the opportunity in your mind.

On so many accounts, I've said, "oooohhhh my gosh, I wish I knew that verse to tell you because I know it would help a lot."

Know the word, know the truth.







No comments:

Post a Comment