Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just Being With the Lord

You know how there are like a thousand scriptures that tell us the Lord is good?? God really must want us to know He's good. Seriously, every time I look to Him or surrender something new rather than wallow in self-pity or become angry etc. etc., the Lord does something unthinkable that just makes me say, "Wow God, you are sooooo good! LORD ahh you are so good! why are you so good to me(mid sentence): ..ahh yeahh, because You LOVE me! yeah, You love me a really really..lot." haha!

Choosing to be in an environment where spirituality is scarce teaches me the importance of just being with the LORD. His presence is so peaceful, so fulfilling, so delightful. And when we don't spend time daily, hourly even, with GOD (who "knows when we sit and when we rise, who knit us together in our mother's womb") we forget just how beautiful and phenomenal the very presence of the Holy Spirit is. Who on this earth could be a better friend? Who on this earth can understand exactly what we're thinking and feeling all the time? Who on this earth even cares that much??? - yeah, no one! We like ourselves. We listen to our own thoughts and ponder our own feelings, wish for things subconsciously and consciously..for ourselves. What do I wear today? What do I want to eat? Does he or she think I am cute? I want to travel the world. I need a job. I am not feeling well.

It's nice to know that although it is our very nature to be all about us, we can just be in the presence of God. ("Come just as you are") And when we deliberately just be in the presence of God, we are all about HIM being all about us.

Believers :
There is an entire world right in front of you and stretched our farther than you can imagine..an entire world of people who NEED LIFE. They don't know. The don't understand. They are lost sheep and it is not God's will for them to perish. How about we stop thinking about ourselves???..and contemplate acting upon the reason we are living. WHO gives us life? WHO gives us freedom? WHO gives us peace? WHO is for us (on our side)??...Isn't the same God also for them?

Let's stop judging outside of the church,
start being accountable inside the church,
seek what more we need to surrender,
act on His Precious Word,
and let's take on the characteristics of Jesus so we can live Our Best Life (as Luke Williams calls a spiritual life).

I'll help you and you help me, deal?...and both of us have the LORD!!! yessssss!!!!!!

I woke up groggy tuesday morning, and just didn't feel like opening my Bible, or praying or doing anything good...but did ..and ended up crying I was so filled with joy because I have Life. andddd AMEN. (If you want it, ask me about it!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LORD, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I stand up;
You understand my thoughts from far away.
you observe my travels and my rest;
You are aware of all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue,
You know all about it, LORD.
You have encircled me;
You have placed Your hand on me.
This extraordinary knowledge is beyond me.
It is lofty; I am unable to attain it.
Where can I go to escape Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your presence?
If I go up to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, You are there.
If I live at the eastern horizon or settle at the western limits,
even there Your hand will lead me;
Your right hand will hold on to me.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me, and the light around me become night" --
even darkness is not dark to You. The night shines like the day;
darkness and light are alike to You.
For it was You who created my inward parts;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made.
Your works are wonderful,
and I know this very well.
My bones were not hidden from You when I was made in secret,
when I was formed in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw me when I was formless;
all my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began.
God how difficult Your thoughts are for me to comprehend;
how vast their sum is!
If I counted them, they would outnumber the grains of sand;
when I wake up, I am still with You.

-Psalm 139:1-18


Therefore, God's chosen ones,
holy and loved, put on
heartfelt compassion
kindness
humility
gentleness, and
patience,
accepting one another and forgiving one another..

-Colossians 3:12a

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
-Proverbs 18:24

The LORD is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made.
-Psalm 145:9

Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; His love endures forever.
-Psalm 136:1

I said to the LORD, "You are my LORD, I have no good besides You."
-Psalm 16:2

"I am the Good Shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know Me."
-John 10:14

"I am the Bread of Life"
"I am the Light of the World"
"I am Resurrection and the Life"


woahhh COME ON, LORD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment