Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Lord answers prayer, no really..He does!!

I don't know how long I've been praying Lord please bless this and that and give me this and give this person that and open my eyes and protect us and let Your name be lifted high...without any expectations really. But I've come to find more and more that the Lord really does hear me, and He really does answer my prayers. And every time I'm astounded, so thankful and amazed..which is good, but honestly..did I not expect God to actually give me peace when I prayed for peace??..Did I not expect Him to actually give me an opportunity to speak truth with boldness to specific friends??..Did I honestly not expect God to actually take care of me financially when I ask Him to be Lord of my finances, then wake up to a random email saying I get $500 extra scholarship?? I'm like wow, God!! to sooo many things!! I can't tell you how many prayers have been answered specifically since I've been in Australia...and I'm not talking about general things like "Lord, I know wisdom is a good thing to pray for so I ask for wisdom"..I'm talking,

"Lord, give me an amazing opportunity to share The Gospel with [this person]" ..and two hours later having a question/answer session about Christianity

"Wow, Lord..how about a few opportunities to mention Your goodness to [this other person]"..and without thinking twice, mentioning God's faithfulness and love easily in conversation for the next three days straight.

"Jesus, help me and [this diff person] to find community, and raise questions that You will give me the answers to for [this diff person specifically]" ..and having the chance to speak truth into the lies satan has been adamantly telling, having talked about a serious struggle then walking into church and within 5 minutes hearing truth spoken specifically to that struggle, taking the next step to say "have you asked Jesus into your heart, for salvation, freedom, life?"

The list goes on and on...I ask Him to take my burdens, He takes them, I ask God to humble me and lift His name up, He does it, I give my ongoing difficulties with class transfers, He fixes everything

The Lord is so faithful, I just want everyone to know...I want everyone to feel what He makes me feel, to understand what He allows me to understand...and the best thing is He has sooooooo much more!! Wow..I really do have a reason to live, to sing, to eat, to speak, to dance, to love, to surrender!

MY GOD IS SO GOOD!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

But when he asks he should believe and not doubt..
- James 1:6a

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- Psalm 37:4

May he give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
- Psalm 20:4

But the Lord is faithful, he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3

Praise the LORD.
give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
His faithful love endures forever.
- Psalm 106:1

So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD, it will be provided."
- Genesis 22:14

(Yahweh-Yireh) (Jehovah Jireh) = The LORD Will Provide

"For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
-Matthew 7:8





No comments:

Post a Comment