Monday, August 30, 2010

The Reason I Love You vs. the Reason I Seek You

Just then some men brought to Him a paralytic lying on a stretcher. Seeing their faith, Jesus told the paralytic, "Have courage, son, your sins are forgiven." At this, some of the scribes said among themselves, "He's blaspheming!" But perceiving their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why are you thinking evil things in your hearts? For which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? But so you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins," --then He told the paralytic, "Get up, pick up your stretcher, and go home." And he got up and went home. When the crowds saw this, they were awestruck and gave glory to God who had given such authority to men.
-Matthew 9:2-8

God,
Let my prayer be that my sins are forgiven, not that my imperfections are made perfect. Let me praise You for the wonderful thing you did for me on the cross, rather than all the wonderful things You do to* me everyday, like fill me with peace and joy. I love that You love to show me Your love. But my first desire is to be thankful for Your sacrifice, then to be reminded of Your victory (which begets my victory!) through all the loving things you do to* me. Thank You that you don't need to heal my infirmities for me to have life!..And thank you that you heal them anyway. You are so good.

<3>to me I mean also for me, in the present. It is simply a way to differentiate
the reason I love the Lord (His sacrifice on the cross a really long time ago allows me to have life now and forever); and
the reason I seek the Lord (wisdom-knowledge-peace-joy in The Holy Spirit, The Bible, prayer, visions, prophesies, community, healing. Comfort, happiness, fulfillment, life to the full)
And I quote John 10:10 once again
"I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full."
Food for thought: If you were to evaluate your life right now, would you say that you have "life to the full?" If not, I have the answer for you! It's the only answer! Do you want it?! -- Seek Jesus! I pinky promise you'll love Him if you get to know Him.

---------------

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners, and purify your hearts, double-minded people!"
James 4:6

I want their hearts to be encouraged and joined together in love, so that they may have all the riches of assured understanding, and have the knowledge of God's mystery--Christ. In Him are all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden.
-Colossians 2:3

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me."
-John 14:6

------------------------------

Man, my wisdom is so scarce. I want itttt, I want morreee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment