Monday, August 9, 2010

Born into sin, not homosexuality

Yesterday I got the opportunity to explain the difference between religion and Christianity. For some people, having a relationship with God is a completely foreign idea..it's hearbreaking. I wish they could know how much they're missing out on. Anyways, I spoke with two people from different countries about several different ways of thinking. It was very nice..they were asking me questions and I was taking my time to answer them carefully, although I am not wise, nor do I claim to be. It was great to flat out say, "Yes, I believe in the Bible. I believe that the Word of God is truth, and not just stories for us to learn from." Several parts of the 2-3 hour long conversation proved breakthrough in the boldness I had been praying for because I usually shy away from touchy subjects in the event that I might offend someone -- One was agnosticism, and another popular one..
"Do you believe homosexuality is wrong?..What about people who were 'born' with it?"

We are born into sin. And yes, homosexuality is wrong.

"Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters not adulturers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders will inherit the kingdom of God."
-1 Corinthians 6:10

"If a man lies with a man, as a man lies with a woman, both of them has done what is detestable.."
-Leviticus 20:13

Homosexuality is a sin, no greater than any sin I've commited..one is not born homosexual. If the enemy is attacking a person with the sin of homosexuality, he or she should pray victory over that part of his or her life...The Lord designed him/her to serve himself..he has more for that person.
The problem is, as a general, the lost world doesn't know Jesus, and doesn't know that satans exists. Therefore we get teach silly answers for twisted feelings.

To the person who struggles with thoughts of being gay or who acts upon those thoughts. You were not born gay. The devil wants to destroy you. The Lord loves you. He has more for you than that.

As a testimony, one of my dear friends struggled with feelings of homosexuality for many years as a young child. She knew it was wrong to act upon it, but the thought consumed her. She finally sought spiritual counsel and the Lord made her free. She is one of the strongest, funnest Christian girls I know and has absolutely no desire to ever look at or be with a woman. Praise the Lord.

Then after desire is conceived, it gives birth to sin, when sin is fully grown, it gives birth to death. Don't be deceived, my dearly loved brothers. -James 1:15-16

He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of his love, in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgivness of sins.
-Colossians 1:13-14

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I am SO proud of you! You are a speaker of truth and I am encouraged by your boldness. Way to be a world changer :)

    ReplyDelete