Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday, July 31
My heart is broken. I have searched the internet for months looking for a protestant church in Melbourne..I've asked around, and searched around..next to nothing. It appears that as a general, Christianity comes across as "offensive" here..The most awful, wrong thing a person could do is try to convert people. Apparantly there was a big commotion about 5 Hillsong Church singers being in the top of Australian Idol, because they are only trying to change the media to what they believe."
..Meanwhile, people need Jesus. Religion this, tradition that, it's about what you've always known and always done. I've started having intentional conversations, but the idea of having a relationship with the Lord rather than "religion for the sake of religion" is almost unheard of.

Sunday, August 1
THE LORD IS SO FAITHFUL! I knew The Good Shepherd would provide pasuture for me to feed (John 10)!! My Aussie/Baylor friend Emma and I found a church very much like my home church in Waco, and loved everything about it. On top of that, the doubts Emma had about every church in Melbourne being judgemental, and every topic of conversation that sprungfrom the such..was brought into light at the service Sunday at Crossway Baptist Church. We were both simply stunned at the works of JESUS CHRIST the ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN just from that morning.

And again I will astound these people with wander after wander. -Isaiah 29:14

Tomorrow night we go for the 20's life group : D

No comments:

Post a Comment