Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Whom should I fear?

I heard Clayton King's sermon Life and Death four weeks in a row this summer; and still I need to be reminded of God's message in John 10 over and over....and over and over and over.

The words written in my journal from this sermon have been and will continue to be a sort of grounds to live by, especially as I anticipate attack this semester. Not only am I reminded that there is a theif who comes only to steal, kill, and destroy..but that Jesus came so that I may..we may..have life and have it in abundance. :D



"I am the gate. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved and will come in and go out and find pasture." (v.9)



The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom should I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life--of whom should I be afraid? -Psalm 27:1



I am the sheep. Jesus is my shepherd. I am confident that the Shepherd will continue to provide
pasture for the sheep to feed



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



So Jesus said again, "I assure you: I am the door of the sheep. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep didn't listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved and will come in and go out and find pasture. A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." - John 10:7-11



"My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish--ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand." - John 10:27-28



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So much power in the Word, so much wisdom, so much freedom!! I wish I could memorize it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment