Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No one lights a lamp and hides it under a bowl or puts it under a bed. Instead, everyone who lights a lamp puts it on a lampstand so that those who come in will see the light.
-Luke 8:16

No one lights a lamp and puts it in the cellar or under a basket, but on a lampstand, so that those who come in may see its light.
-Luke 11:33

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My upcoming Australia trip started as a thought when I was a junior in high school. For unexplained, but probably selfish reasons, I've always had a burningggg desire to specifically visit Australia.
Adventure (noun) - 1. an exciting or very unusual experience. 3. a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome
Adventure is my second favorite word in the dictionary (next to love); and if you spend time with me, you know my two favorite things to do are 1.love people 2.adventure..and you've heard me say things like "I love to love!" , "Life is an adventure", "Let's adventurrrree!"

Australia will undoubtedly be the adventure of a lifetime, but I'm as wary as I am excited.
Temptation is real, sin is captivating, and Satan wants to devour me.

From you I'm asking for spiritual accountability, encouragement, prayer, scripture, anything to help me fight the enemy. I believe in my heart that this semester will be a time of rest in the Lord, but also a time of unsettling truths, strife for unmistakable identity, and hopefully persecution.
My desire is not to live with both feet in two very different paths, but to "flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness" (2 Timothy 2:22)

My purpose in lighting my lamp.."to put it on a lampstand so that those who come in may see the light."
Jesus-light. Laura's actions, thoughts, words, body, attitude-lampstand.

Friends, please be intentional about praying for me and asking me what new things I am or need to be surrendering to GOD..and how I'm sharing JESUS with the people around me who desperately need LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment