Monday, October 11, 2010

I try to be so tough

listening to Josh Wilson's Savior Please

I try to be so tough
but I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone, God I need you to hold onto me

I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior, please keep saving me

this song..wow

I really do try to be tough, and I'm honestly not strong enough..
I try to endure, but I have to realize that I just can't do it alone..I can't.
I do not cope well with failure, in fact, I despise failure.I despise rejection; and I don't think I'm alone in either of those. It's good because it sparks my determination, but there is a point where I think we just try too hard.

Maybe the Lord is just like,
"Daughter..I got you. . just slow down and take a deep breath, I'm taking care of you! Don't you remember that I have your life mapped out? Don't you know that I drew out your blueprint before you knew life exists? No, I don't expect you to remember everything you learn..that's part of my design. I want you to be able to enjoy things more than once. I don't expect you to always know what to say to someone who is hurting..if you did, when would you ask Me?? I don't expect every person to think you're an absolute gem, although you are..because I created you exactly how I want you :) Oh, and all those times you've said "foot in mouth, Laura" to yourself..haha that's okay. You're learning :) Did I mention that I love you? Cause sometimes you forget that too ;) No worries, I'll remind you..You hurt someone's feelings by accident? Yeah, good thing I'm meant to be the perfect one, and not you. Gave up on your diet? Failed that assignment? Haven't progressed with your music? Forgot that scripture verse when you needed it? Lost the presents you just bought your sisters and now you feel like you seem you've only been thinking about yourself? Well, darling..you do think about yourself a lot...it's good that I'm here to keep you grounded..it's a good that I'm allowing you to experience life, it's awesome that I'm allowing you to experience Me. You disappoint yourself more than you disappoint Me, but don't worry sweetheart, I've chosen you. We're in this journey together, you and Me forever..I promise."

"I try to be good enough, but I'm nothing without Your love. Savior, please keep saving me."


He has shown you, o man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? But to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. -Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment