Thursday, October 14, 2010

I will.

I just love talking about my faith. I don't have all the answers..In fact, I don't have most of them. But that's the mystery of it all..How awesome is it that we don't hold the responsibility of having all the knowledge and wisdom in the universe? I know that Heaven is waiting for me!! And I know that one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord!!!..And when I think on the love God has for me, I'm in a special place and nothing can touch me.

I've been meeting some ammazzzing people in Melbourne! I work for a charity, and my job is literally to talk to people all day. Some people I mourn for, like the lady who told me the only good we can do in the world is let the kids overseas die and make the government preach contraceptives because our world is overpopulated..and the people I spend everyday with who just can't understand why I live the way I do..And the 40-year-old plastic surgeon who wanted to "take me out,"

and not at work, but the fifteen year-old girls I saw at a tram stop last night, swearing at an innocent man, calling him a pedophile, and SPITTING on him..when they walked to the side, I went to talk to the man, absolutely disgusted at the way they were treating him. I introduced myself, and he told me his name is Greg. He was clearly unaffected by the girls' rudeness, which was great..but when I shook his hand the girls said, "Don't talk to him, he's a pedophile!" I responded in a quiet and mature voice, "girls, that's unnecessary." The leader of the pack then said, "You want to get raped tonight? Omg she's such a slut! You'e a slut, girl" I responded in a positive tone, "Actually, I'm a virgin," and smiled. The clearly disturbed girl said, "OMG YOU'RE A VIRGIN?! I already got pregnant when I was 12, and now I'm fifteen." The other girls were cackling and carrying on in disbelief when one of them said, "Maybe she's saving it till marriage like real love or something like that." And when her peers looked at her, she quickly rebuked the comment saying, "I don't know I saw it on a movie once haha." Providing comedic relief, Analu leans in to me and says "I guess I shouldn't tell them I'm a virgin too, haha!" (Analu and Broz had come with me to talk to Greg, noting that the girls were..ridiculous to say the least)
..sad :/ . I wonder if they'll ever know something good in life??


but some people, tons of people, have inspired me so greatly over the past two weeks of working...

Like the preacher I met, Jess, who has committed her life to serving people all over the world.

And the ex drug-addict Chris, who found freedom five years ago because a random man on the streets witnessed to him, and is now living a completely humble life, praying and being patient with his lost daughter..When I first met Chris, I asked him, "So what do you do, Chris?" and he answered, "I'm a stone mason." "Oh, and I'm a Christian!" We spoke for an hour after that in the middle of the mall and among non-believers, both presenting prayer requests and sharing scriptures and testimonies of God's faithfulness in our own lives.

And the lady who was a real "Patch Adams" for a few years.

And the man I met who I got to encourage spiritually because he had been faltering in his faith until he had a stroke a few days before.

And the lady I committed to praying for who was diagnosed with three illnesses 7 years ago, that won't allow her to do much of anything other than sit at home..she has now invested in several hobbies like gardening, crocheting, and knitting, and has a positive outlook on life although she cannot get out much.

And the wonderful biker couple I met who found me on facebook and thanked me for my friendliness, inviting me to come ride with them and their two kids in the Australian country...even the simple "God is good" at the end of the message was heart-warming.

The list goes on, and I've truly been touched..knowing that God has a purpose for each one of their lives. I'm extremely thankful that I was able to meet them, and I'm excited for upcoming opportunities to continue being a blessing to people. Meaningful conversations, one step of selfless faith to say "I'm a Christian," we can make a difference. And I. . .

I will.


If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me.. - Philippians 1:22a

that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
-Philippians 2:10-11


No comments:

Post a Comment